Sight is the sense that helps us to learn as much as possible about the surrounding environment. Therefore, the eyes must be as protected as possible from the disorders that may occur throughout life. Whether we are at work or at home, we must take all necessary measures to ensure that they are not constantly exposed to external factors such as TV, laptop, tablet, telephone, etc.
Specialists recommend people who have to spend a lot of time in front of a monitor or display to take a 5-minute break every half-hour.
Eye health is very important for normal daily activities and therefore regular medical investigations are indicated. Regular visits to an ophthalmologist can prevent serious disorders. To provide employees with a boost of motivation, companies provide health care insurances including a comprehensive package of medical services, including ophthalmic controls.
Here are some ideas for keeping your eyes healthy for a long time:
- Regular hand-washing may prevent the transfer of bacteria from the fingers to the eyes
- In the case of contact lens wearing, the advice of the ophthalmologist should be followed strictly
- The use of protective glasses while practicing certain sports, but also during garden activities
- Wearing sunglasses with ultraviolet light filter
- Immediate investigation of irritation of any kind
- Regular ophthalmologic control
- Constant blinking - especially if you spend a lot of time in front of the computer
- Balanced nutrition - consumption of ocean fish as well as fruits and vegetables
Sight is one of the most important senses, highly influencing the quality of our life. We need a good sight to keep our brain active until growing old and minimize the risk of injury. Therefore, early diagnosis of eye diseases is important, and treatment should be followed correctly.
Regular ophthalmologic controls are equally important in the development and treatment of diseases as well as initial diagnosis. As a result, we must take into account eye hygiene and protection, proper nutrition and eye training.